[Updated events, actions, demos, initiatives, etc., see link list at bottom of post] There is a revolt brewing in Newfoundland and Labrador in response to an austerity budget introduced by the prov…
People will lie about being democratic to gain power with no intention of implementing democracy. People will lie about being socialist to gain power with no intention of implementing socialism. People lie. Yes, it’s that simple.
Marx was very clear that socialism requires worker ownership over the means of production via democracy. Workers did not own or control the means of production in the USSR. There was no democracy in the USSR. Therefore, the USSR was not socialist.
It was also definitely not communist either. Communism is classless, stateless, democratic and worker-controlled. The Fujian tulou of China are an example of true communism: True Anarcho-Communism
I support Palestinians using (what Zionists label as) “terrorist” tactics and any other means necessary to free themselves from enforced captivity. (What Zionists label as terrorist tactics is actually just inadequate self-defence. If Palestinians had the defensive capacity to prevent Israeli land theft and ethnic cleansing practices, people would view it as justified self-defence. However, since Palestinians do not have adequate means to fully defend themselves, they are labeled as terrorists for even trying.)
The Israel-Palestine situation is probably beyond occupation at this point since occupation is supposed to be temporary. One can even argue that the situation has moved beyond apartheid toward enforced captivity and genocide.
Whereas Nazism led to genocide, the leitmotif of apartheid was cheap labour, not planned extermination. The Nazis created death camps and designed advanced technology especially for the purpose of speeding up mass murder and body disposal. Apartheid killings in South Africa were carried out by traditional means on an individual basis and not by large-scale extermination techniques. The killings in South Africa were directed only at opponents of the regime and not for the purpose of exterminating a specific ethnic group.
The Israeli treatment of Palestinians would definitely qualify as genocide if one looks at the 10 stages of genocide listed out by Dr. Gregory Stanton (who is actually a hypocritical Zionist and somebody exploiting genocide to justify imperialism: Stoking fear of ‘genocide,’ an academic pushes Israel to war) Regardless, if one looks at the 10 stages of genocide listed out by Stanton, one easily sees how the Israeli treatment of Palestinians qualifies as genocide:
4. DEHUMANIZATION: One group denies the humanity of the other group. Members of it are equated with animals, vermin, insects or diseases. Dehumanization overcomes the normal human revulsion against murder…
5. ORGANIZATION: Genocide is always organized, usually by the state, often using militias to provide deniability of state responsibility (the Janjaweed in Darfur.) Sometimes organization is informal (Hindu mobs led by local RSS militants) or decentralized (terrorist groups.) Special army units or militias are often trained and armed. Plans are made for genocidal killings…
6. POLARIZATION: Extremists drive the groups apart. Hate groups broadcast polarizing propaganda. Laws may forbid intermarriage or social interaction…
7. PREPARATION: National or perpetrator group leaders plan the “Final Solution” to the Jewish, Armenian, Tutsi or other targeted group “question.” They often use euphemisms to cloak their intentions, such as referring to their goals as “ethnic cleansing,” “purification,” or “counter-terrorism.”
8. PERSECUTION: Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity. Death lists are drawn up. In state sponsored genocide, members of victim groups may be forced to wear identifying symbols. Their property is often expropriated. Sometimes they are even segregated into ghettoes, deported into concentration camps, or confined to a famine-struck region and starved. Genocidal massacres begin. They are acts of genocide because they intentionally destroy part of a group…
9. EXTERMINATION begins, and quickly becomes the mass killing legally called “genocide.” It is “extermination” to the killers because they do not believe their victims to be fully human. When it is sponsored by the state, the armed forces often work with militias to do the killing…
10. DENIAL is the final stage that lasts throughout and always follows a genocide. It is among the surest indicators of further genocidal massacres. The perpetrators of genocide dig up the mass graves, burn the bodies, try to cover up the evidence and intimidate the witnesses. They deny that they committed any crimes, and often blame what happened on the victims. They block investigations of the crimes…
In terms of severity of discrimination and resultant persecution, the Israel-Palestine situation is probably more severe than apartheid South Africa while not being quite as severe as Nazi Germany.
If one views the Israel-Palestine situation through the lens of occupation, then Israel is in extreme violation of international law for transferring its own population into occupied territory and for extreme human rights abuses against civilians. In this scenario, the US should not grant Israel impunity and should not restrict efforts by the UN and international community to punish Israel for its actions.
If one views the Israel-Palestine situation through the lens of annexation, then Palestinians have as much right to use self-defence as Kuwait during Iraq’s attempted annexation of the region. Like Kuwait, Palestine does not have sufficient means to defend itself. In the situation of annexation, the international community should be giving Palestinians the same level of (ostensible) moral support they afforded to Kuwait.
If one views the Israel-Palestine situation through the lens of apartheid, then the international community should apply the same pressures to Israel that they applied to South Africa.
In all three situations, the US should (minimally) withdraw the impunity it affords Israel, stop restricting efforts by the UN and international community to hold Israel responsible for its actions, and stop funding Israel.
Noam Chomsky on specific short-term objectives to focus on in a scenario that popular support for Palestinians finally forces a shift in US foreign policy on the issue:
In these and other areas there are important tasks of education and organization that have to be addressed seriously if US policies are to be shifted. They should lead to actions focusing on specific short-term objectives: ending the savage and criminal siege of Gaza; dismantling the illegal “Separation Wall,” by now a de facto annexation wall; withdrawing the IDF from the illegally annexed Golan Heights and from the West Bank (including illegally annexed “Greater Jerusalem”), which would, presumably, be followed by departure of most of settlers, all of whom, including those in East and expanded Jerusalem, have been transferred (and heavily subsidized) illegally, as Israel recognized as far back as 1967; and of course ending all Israeli construction and other actions in the occupied territories. Popular movements in the US should work to end any US participation in these criminal activities, which would, effectively, end them. That can be done, but only if a level of general understanding is reached that far surpasses what exists today.
I despise the Charlie Hebdo cartoonists. They are juvenile imperialists pretending to be brave dissidents. The reality is that slave-makers are only concerned with freedom of expression for racist and imperialistic views. The same people have absolutely no problem restricting free speech for true dissident views.
The ‘Je Suis Charlie’ movement was driven by phoney-liberalism (Athenian-style slave-making.) The same phoney-liberals who get outraged over the thought of not being able to spread xenophobic and imperialistic propaganda have no problem suppressing true free speech for true dissident, anti-imperialist views. This is why phoney-liberals like Trudeau are willing to support bills like Bill C-51—because people like Trudeau are only concerned with free speech for slave-makers like themselves.
I support free speech and I think Charlie Hebdo has the right to free speech. However, I think more responsible members of the community should utilize their right to free speech to criticize Hebdo and remind people to use free speech responsibly.
Again, a major problem is that slave-makers always have unrestricted free speech to prattle off boorish and xenophobic drivel, but bills like Bill C-51 allow slave-makers to punish those who express dissenting views by labeling dissidents as terrorist sympathizers and accusing true dissidents of jeopardizing national security.
ISIS never claimed responsibility for the Paris attacks.
ISIS released a statement praising the attackers:
The statement details nothing that was not publicly available information from news reports:
“Terror groups, when they claim credit for attacks, will sometimes include details of the planning or execution that establish the group was indeed responsible. There are none here; the statement details nothing that was not publicly available information from news reports. It also includes no biographical information on the attackers, even a name or photo, though terror groups will often lionize its attackers as “martyrs” in such statements.”
Eight suspects identified were EU citizens. A Syrian passport was found near a ninth suspect, but its legitimacy has come under question by everybody including French and German authorities.
“A third red flag is the fact that the passport concerned was found in the first place. Analysts find it strange that a bomber would remember to bring his passport on a mission, particularly one who does not intend to return alive.”
Additionally, there is the fact that the passport remained intact while the suicide bomber did not. French and German authorities say ISIS may have planted the passport to turn public opinion against refugees:
Since ISIS was likely not involved, since French authorities have no problem blaming people for crimes they did not commit, and since sinister people always accuse others of crimes they did themselves, it’s likely a case that more sinister French authorities planted that passport.
Despite accusing ISIS of killing 130 French citizens, France chooses to retaliate by bombing abandoned empty locations:
“all these strikes are targeting abandoned empty locations.”
Full image: Click Here